Friday, March 6, 2015

Run-der-land

Tomorrow, Saturday, will mark the end of a busy week with three runs in, the third occurring tomorrow.  I had two short runs this week that I am not thrilled to discuss.  The first on on Monday was 3.44 miles near home.  The second was also near home and closer to 3 miles.

The first run was a mix of trails (dirt roads and such) and paved roads, passing several houses and was accompanied by 7 neighbor dogs at various parts of the run.  The second run was done later in the day and truly sucked.  I think running later isn't beneficial for me, but also running the same route as the first run didn't help either.  I need change and I need challenge.  I also think I need to walk a bit first to get acclimated to the whole run….

So, tomorrow is anticipated to be a better run.  I think I will run a portion of the my last run, just not running on 970.  That run has a lot of hills and challenges---and if I get a good playlist on my iPod, I should be good.  The goal is around 6 miles.  I should be able to do six miles…..  I NEED to do six.

Also, my 15y/o daughter is having to bow out of the Run, Ladies, Run 11K we signed up for on 3/21.  We booked a delightful little hotel and had a wonderful time planned but she recently started track and will apparently have a track meet that weekend and can't go.  Disappointed, yes, I am.  But I am trying to see if my 22y/o and my grand baby can attend in Selah's stead.

There it is:  a somewhat boring blog update.  I'll try and spice it up a bit for the next one.  :-)

Peace out, people.  <3

No comments:

Post a Comment