Tuesday, February 17, 2015

Run Lady, Run!

Run!

So, I missed about a week and a half of running, and thus blogging about it.  And, if you know me AT ALL, you are not surprised about that at all!  Great.  Glad we are past that.  Onward And Upward.

Today is Tuesday, 2/17/2015 and currently it is 2019 (10:19pm).  I am ready for bed.  But first I thought I would pen a couple of words---updates.  I ran Saturday.  It was a treadmill run.  Since I hadn't run in over a week, I kept my expectations low but high at the same time (ya know?).  I wanted it to be a good run, but knew the chance of that wasn't high--maybe 30%???.  Sure, 30%.  Once on the treadmill, I told myself to just do 2 miles and be happy with that.  I wasn't fast, I wasn't consistent in pace, I wasn't good at all.  BUT, I got to three miles and, then just started to run to my iPod, my favorite music.  I ended up doing over 4 miles.  Again, not great miles, but done nonetheless.  Done!

S'alright.  Move on.  970  was actually a pretty good pull.  It looks flat, but it isn't, so that is good.  And, I didn't stay on there forever.  The long and short of it was that there were lots of hills, lots of pulls, and ultimately I did 5.44 miles (with some walking on some of the hills), but I did it.

I wasn't so happy at the 75% mark, but in the end was glad it was all done.  I need to be outside.  I need to run out there.  I need to get ready----because I signed myself and my 15 y/o up for the Run, Ladies, Run next month in Friday Harbor (an 11K), and I need to be able to run 7 miles comfortably.

 There.  That's my Running Blog update.  More next week!




No comments:

Post a Comment